Drone Flight Instructor
As a Drone Flight Instructor with Cali From Above, you will lead on-site flight training sessions around the United States, where you will instruct individuals looking to improve their flying and real-world operating abilities while also developing your own talents, resume, and network. You will provide industry-leading education, student mentoring, advice, and knowledge on unmanned flying theory and practice in this job.
In a normal month, you’ll offer 1-2 private drone flight courses to one, two, or three students. Each session lasts around 2-3 hours.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Teach using DJI drones brought by students or your own DJI drone.
- Customize teaching with flying safety as the primary objective, while also ensuring that the student graduates as a more capable and safe pilot.
- Maintain an up-to-date personal online calendar that is linked to our calendar software in order to facilitate the booking process for students.
- Examine local weather forecasts and contact the student if required to postpone the lesson.
- Adhere to Covid-19 safety measures, which include wearing a mask and sanitizing your hands.
What We Have To Offer:
Work in a flexible, remote setting – training sessions are arranged in your region, at locations of your choosing, and according to your schedule.
Compensation – beginning at $60 per hour Insurance – covering for liability during training sessions
Network – become a part of a rapidly developing, dynamic, industry-leading team that provides opportunity to interact with other corporate instructors located around the country.
What We’re On The Lookout For:
We’re searching for candidates that are confident in their drone piloting abilities and are prepared to instruct individuals with various ability levels.
This is not a role that requires on-the-job training.
The following competences should be shown by a drone flight instructor:
- Certified – you possess a valid remote pilot license issued pursuant to Part 107.
You operate a DJI drone on a regular basis, have technical understanding of DJI software, have a high level of skill in drone mission planning and flight operations, and are willing to work with non-DJI drones.
You own at least one DJI consumer drone equipped with at least three batteries that you are willing to utilize throughout training.
- Instructor – you have previous expertise instructing or teaching in a technical subject and a demonstrated ability to connect with and motivate adult learners.
- Connection – you have good verbal and written communication skills and maintain an online schedule for yourself (Google, Outlook or iCloud)
- Availability – you are available for training at least one weekday morning/afternoon and one weekend morning/afternoon.
- Work ethic – you are devoted to providing an exceptional client experience, as well as to acting as a leader, a team player, and executing with perfection.
You possess an Associate degree or above, and any military or Part 61 / 141 flying school or curriculum experience is a bonus.